About the Program
To strengthen the capacity of the Press Trust of India to effectively and more frequently report on climate change in India.
- To train PTI journalists on skills and knowledge in alignment with AP news values on how to report on climate change in India.
- To increase the number of PTI journalists, photographers and videographers to cover climate change.
- To mentor and provide practical guidance to PTI participating journalists on reporting climate from the field.
- To understand and apply the elements of a good climate story through AP standards for climate photos, text, and videos.
- To effectively report on a climate story through the use of international reporting best practices, informed by local knowledge and nuances.
- To be able to identify, plan, pitch and submit a high-quality climate story.
- To learn and apply skills to localizing international climate stories and studies.
- To use press releases to inform and drive a good climate story.
- PTI partners are able to effectively pitch and cover a climate story of their initiative.
- PTI partners are able to track sources for a climate story both local and international.
- PTI partners are able to apply knowledge and skills to produce a good climate story, photo or video.
- PTI partners are able to apply knowledge of international climate journalism best practices.